Capital of Buriram Province, about 410 km northeast of Bangkok. Almost a thousand years ago, the present-day Buriram was part of the Khmer Empire. Ruins from that time attest to its destruction. The most significant of them is on an extinct volcano and is protected in the Phanom Rung Historical Park. According to inscriptions found, Buriram’s ruler recognized the hegemony of the Khmer Empire’s emperor. Before the ascent of Bangkok, little was known about Buriram. In the early Bangkok Period, in the early-19th century, the town originally called Muang Pae was renamed Buriram. After administrative reforms in the late 19th century, Buriram was incorporated into Siam as a province.
From the study of archaeologists found evidence of human habitation since prehistoric times The Dvaravati period and the most important are found in the Buriram province. Cultural evidence of ancient Khmer Which has both a brick castle And more than 60 stone castles, including important archaeological finds such as kilns, earthenware and pottery, called the Khmer wares
Buriram Airport is the only airport in Buriram Province. Two airlines, Nok Air and Thai AirAsia, serve Buriram from Don Mueang International Airport (DMK).
Activity & Experience
Southern Isan Cultural Center Is a place to display antiques And is a research source for local history Opened on 16 April 1993
- King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s Royal Monument Is the royal palace that the people of Buriram have built together With the appreciation of the grace of the founder of Buriram And as a memorial to worship Including the mind center that shows loyalty to the Thai monarchy and the Chakri dynasty
- Buriram City Pillar Shrine
Khao Kradong Forest Park Located at Ban Nam Sap, Samet Subdistrict, known as “Phanom Krong”, meaning ” “Tortoiseshell Mountain” because it resembles a turtle shell Which can be called “Kradong” on the top of the mountain Which is a large plastered brick Buddha statue, 12 meters wide, 14 meters long, built in 1969. The original monk is white. But when exposed to the sun makes it look like black Therefore solving gold There is also a ladder of Nakara. Buddha Footprint Model Khao Kradong Castle Crater And Khao Kradong Reservoir (Wuttisawat Reservoir) in front of the park office
- Reservoirs and irrigation
Huai Talat Reservoir Is a source of water birds, one of Buriram province, with an area of 4,434 rai. In addition, black storks, birds of prey, cormorants, gray ducks and many water birds are also found.
- Huai Chorakhe Reservoir Is a large freshwater lake Built for irrigation and water supply, with an area of 3,876 rai in Ban Bua Subdistrict, Samet Subdistrict and Sakae Phrong Subdistrict There are more than 170 native species, native birds and seasonal migratory birds.
- Buriram United Sports Center – Chang Ariana is the first and only standard football stadium in Thailand that does not have a running track and has passed the International Football Federation (FIFA) standard. Is another beautiful field in Thailand Currently is the home field of the Buriram United team. Chang International Circuit is a standard international car racing course. And is the largest racetrack in Thailand
- Buriram Castle is the new commercial source of Buriram. Located between the elephant arena With elephant circuit There are stone castles of Phanom Rung Historical Park simulated Shiva Park 12 and have shops, restaurants
- Khao Phanom Rung Waterfall
- Prasat Muang Tam
- Prasat Nong Kong is 2.8 kilometers south of Phanom Rung
- Nong Hung Sanctuary
- Wat Khao Angkhan
- Ta Nong Hung SanctuaryPhraya National Park Part of the world heritage forest Dong Phaya Yen-Khao Yai Forest
- Buriram night bazaars